Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Deployed & Extended

So I did NOT in any way forget I had a blog, I've just been reallllly busy. I just found out last night that my program got extended, so now my departure date is May 13, 2011. I also switched roles, I'm now in Full Service Food and Beverage which means I'll pretty much be a hostess.


Full Service Food and Beverage
Full-Service Food and Beverage is a non-tipped role.
Responsibilities may include:
  • Greeting and seating Guests in restaurants
  • Managing a seating chart and resolving Guest situations
  • Utilizing a computerized reservation/seating system
  • Cash handling - both manual and using computerized registers
  • Rolling silverware, folding napkins, and keeping area stocked
  • Light cleaning, multi-tasking
  • Standing for extended periods, working outdoors 
Since my last entry I've also gotten deployed to the Magic Kingdom. At first I was sooooo upset because unlike everyone else that is my least favorite park, but it's not as bad as I thought. I work in Tomorrowland at the Tomorrowland Terrace. It used to be called the Noodle Station but for some reason that part has now been dropped from its name. Its funny because since the place is only open during a few weeks of the year no one knows what they're doing. We're all helping each other learn, so no one's yelling at anyone (I LOVE that part). The part I hate is that we have to tuck our shirts in (so we all look like someone's grandma) and the guests complain about EVERYTHING. I've had people say theyre never coming back and that we ruined their vacation because there's no more seating....they're VERY dramatic.But all in all I'm glad I've been deployed because now I can say I've used the A-Vac, and now I have a better appreciation for Sunshine Seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment