Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Updates



"If life gives you a thousand reasons to cry, show it that you have a thousand reasons to smile as well"
That's the caption to the picture above, I LOVE IT. It's one of those phrases that applies to everyone :-)

For anyone who's read any of my previous posts; this one is a little different...I'm gonna be rambling about random things that have happened in the past week. I usually keep personal things on here short and sweet, but not this time lol

So I had my surgery on July 1st and it went great! I'm still recovering but it was not what I expected. I've never had surgery so I imagined having an organ removed meant I would have a HUGE cut in my abdomen and would be in agonizing pain for like the next month (I can get dramatic sometimes lol) but it's been 8 days and I feel close to normal. They did it laproscopically meaning they made 4 small incisions in my abdomen just big enough for the instruments they used. One was a camera, one was used to cut the organ free, one was used remove it out of my body, and another was used to tie up the loose ends inside (i think). I only took them 35 minutes which was super fast, they told us it'd be 1 1/2- 2 hours. I was REALLY sleepy right before and afterwards because of the Vicodin they gave me but was even walk up stairs (that was my biggest fear) without much pain.

Since the surgery I've already been feeling better than before. I woke up this morning smiling because I had a headache. Sounds crazy, i know, but I was smiling because it wasnt a migraine. I havent had a normal headache in YEARS...like since middle school i think. I also didnt notice when my roommate turned off the air conditioner, normally I would have had a migraine n gotten dizzy just from it being 77 degrees. I didnt realize a gallbladder affected so much! Hopefully this means I wont have to go to the doctor at all in Florida. Ok, enough rambling about that.

As for Disney info...I officially have a roommate now! We agreed to be roommates months ago but once the roommate match opened up for us we had a couple issues. She had been placed with someone so she declined that and then for some reason when i would request her on the online system it wouldnt show up on her end. But whatever, things worked out.
I was freakin out about the whole roommate situation because I have the WORST luck with roommates and want to at least know a little bit about the person I'm sharing a room with. Hopefully she doesnt turn out like my last 4; trying to spread lies to people I've just met, inconsiderate, really dirty, and this current one is a crazy thief...like identity theft level theft. I think i'd go crazy if I had to share a room with someone like that again.

So I thought I was going to go to Florida with my degree completed after this summer...nope! My advisor had been switching stuff around in my transcript so i could finish this summer and confused himself, told me to take a specific class, but it ended up being for the wrong gen ed. I really should have double checked once my transcript was finalized but got sidetracked by my crazy health so to make a long story short, the class im in now isnt counting for anything except my gpa and I cant even drop it because then they'll take back my financial aid. I'm not sure how i'm gonna do it (if imma do it through U of I online, a community college in Illinois online, or a Florida community college online and get it transferred) but i'm going to try to juggle that with Disney and Marketing U (if I get into it)

Ok, I'm almost done ranting, i promise. I found a neat blog. It's made up of tons of cool (in my opinion) Disney pics. http://thedisneyprincess.tumblr.com/


**********************************************************
Check out my vlog! http://www.youtube.com/user/yaya1027

1 comment:

  1. Glad your surgery went well. :D

    About the school thing, been there, done that. I hope it'll all work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete